SW-Box Aluminum Alloy Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mkcm97, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mkcm97 macrumors newbie

2. bigtrip macrumors newbie

Looks like the knock-off deft cleave that you can get on Aliexpress. The only difference I can see is it doesn't have the logo on it. It's a signal killer in my experience though.

3. mkcm97 thread starter macrumors newbie

It says it comes with foam pads and I also use a lucky labs wrap, do you think it would still be an issue?

and isn't aliexpress in china?

4. bigtrip macrumors newbie

Mine has the foam pads and I use lucky labs as well. I had a two bar signal loss. I know bars aren't the most accurate way of measuring signal loss, but It was bad enough that it affected calls and browsing. Wifi was also degraded.

Yes Aliexpress is from china, but if you can handle waiting about three weeks for your order to come in, the prices are pretty reasonable.

----------

Also I forgot to add, sw-box is out of hong kong and it takes just as long for their shipments to come in. It least they did a few years ago when I was ordering blackberry trackballs and battery covers from them. :)

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Anything metal wrapped arounf the iPhone antenna is going to be a signal killer. If you live undar a tower all should be good but one day you will be out and need that coverage.

6. mkcm97 thread starter macrumors newbie

too bad, that's a deal breaker for me. I wish they made attractive bumpers that didn't kill signal.