SW-Box Difference between White Backs

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Blingdar, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Blingdar macrumors newbie

So, I messed up my black back on my iphone and I decided it was time for a change, so I went to SW box to look into procuring myself a new white back. For some reason, they came up with two listings of things which seem to be identical. However, one has a higher price although they are both listed as OEM.

If any of you have the time, could you explain to me the differences? They look exactly the same...

Here are the links:
    http://www.sw-box.com/Iphone-4-Back-Cover-White-Black-Inside-Oem-.html

http://www.sw-box.com/Iphone-4-Back-Cover-White-Oem-.html

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

the first one looks to have a black bezel where the second has a white bezel. i have a brand new white back from them that was 18 dollars that my screws would not screw into, i have had this problem with a few backs. so i have this glass white back just sitting around

3. martynov macrumors member

I think they mean OEM by the bracket OEM because they are probably using a black bracket from black OEM parts to correct the screw issue and fitment. I never really liked shopping around sources that sell wholesale, its a risky factor at least for me. I prefer local shops most of the times where i can actually see and feel the part before buying it :D

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I wouldn't recommend them. Got a clear back from them and the quality is pretty bad. Glue is coming out of the side and the glass isn't flush with the plastic frame. I've had great success buying from eBay though. Stay away from Swbox, I know some resale their stuff on eBay too.

5. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Have mine for some time and zero problems

6. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

I bought a clear one too but no problems at all. Maybe you got the defective one.

7. obyte macrumors regular

Out of 20+ sw-box backs being sent to me, I have never seen the screw issue he has talked about.

He bought the knockoff $18 one, buy the OEM ones and you have no problem.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Hmm...this is making me doubt my purchase of a clear back from SW-Box. It shipped awhile ago so I should be getting it soon. Hopefully it won't have any issues some people have had here.

9. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Same here, my clear back I bought from them should be here any day now. Also hope mine is issues free.

10. clactonlad macrumors member

Yeah I am also waiting on the OEM white back from them, I will post about it when I receive it.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Here is that clear back, you won't notice any flaws unless you're looking very close. That white back I purchased off of eBay for about $20 and it's as white as the new iPad 2 :) Perfect quality.

[​IMG]