Swamp My iPod Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Viven2, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Viven2 macrumors newbie

I have an iPod Touch Generation 1, but I want the new one; Genratin 2. Is there a way I can upgrade or swamp my iPod for the newer one at the Apple Store. Does it matter the condition of the iPod, because it's all scratched at the back.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

as long as its w/in 6 months of when u bought it theyll exept a return with 10% restock fee (plus ship) over phone.

3. deriko100 macrumors 6502

The new one isnt that good ide keep the one you have WAY better plus flat back, more compatible stuff just keep it.

4. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Not true. Apple only offers a 14 day exchange/return policy and the item has to be in original condition.

6. gear71428 macrumors member

Yes, its quite a quagmire. ;)

7. rick2907 macrumors newbie

Giggity giggity giggity goo.

8. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Don't kid yourself. The new touch is better, but not significantly better so as to warrant an upgrade.

9. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Agree!

10. Viven2 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I can't swap it in.
    Can't like I pay extra for an upgrade
    Cause' thats what happened to my cousin, he had the old Nano, it broke down and then he went to go and fix it and they said that he could pay extra to upgrade it to the new nano's.

Help me please.
    And I also go it over seas before i flew back to Australia, so does that make it worse or better :S

11. JimmyDThing macrumors regular

From my experience with the Apple store, they're policy is to say "no" unless you give them trouble or a reason to give you anything. Just go to the store and tell them you feel you're entitled to an upgrade but that you'd be willing to pay a fee to do so. I don't know if there's a standard for them except to be salesmen and try to say no... but they won't want to lose a customer. Try to talk to a manager or someone higher up on the chain as they are less likely to let you walk away unhappy.

12. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Sell it

Why don't you try to sell it and then buy the new one?

Anyone have any idea what a used one goes for these days?

13. Tilt macrumors member

I just bought mine (16 gig) off ebay for $190 but the 16gig is steadily going for 210-225.