Swan M10 - Need Opinions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Krafty, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Hello.

Currently, I'm looking into purchasing Swan M10's if they ever come available in the near future. As of now, I own Logitech Z-5500, but I don't think I'm making good use of them. I've had them for about 2-3 years, so I've kinda calmed down from blasting music from them. I watch movies, but not to the extent that all by my lonesome, I need 5.1 surround.

I mostly listen to metalcore & asian pop, and with both, I have to use a preset in iTunes to tone the bass down. Also, constantly moving has been cumbersome with these things as far as packing them up, and unpacking and re-setting them up.

So AFAIK, the bass is something thats not strong, but its also something I'm not looking for. I even sold my car subwoofer cause I only played it at 2/10 the volume. So will these be perfect for my preferred genre?

2. Romeo604 macrumors regular

If your coming from such a powerful system you may be disappointed when you do try to pump up the M10s.

For me I bought these coming from the Altec Lansing 2.1 FX 6021 and these speakers simply blow the M10s away with clarity, treble, bass. I listen to soundtracks, vocal, pop, movies, pretty much everything.

You just have to consider for $120 the M10 are good for the money. Cosmetically they look very contemporary and sound very good for the music I listen to.

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I do tend to crank to volume once in a while, I take it theres no where that has these on display to sort of test drive?

4. Romeo604 macrumors regular

You'll probably have to go to an independent music store that specializes in audio equipment rather than the chain stores like Best Buy or what not. No chain store will have it (Up here in Canada anyways).

5. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

I think they are overpriced for the specs. I was looking at the same speakers and read some reviews on it.

6. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I figured it was because its aimed at a different target audience than what the Z-5500 may be for. I'm happy with the Z-5500's, but just seeing if maybe there was a worthwhile downsize so I wouldnt have to lug them everytime I move. But overall, I may stick with them.

The Z-5500 replacements (Z906) is getting horrible reviews so I don't feel ashamed owning them.

7. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Hey krafty, I'm not sure if you have already found the speakers or not. Lewis82 informed me that you were looking for a pair. You don't accept PM's so this seems to be the only way to let you know I have a new pair in the MarkerPlace they are black. Please check them out if you are still interested.