Swan M10

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rondofan9, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rondofan9 macrumors member

I've looked at 2 websites, one said they were backordered until 2012, the other one I called, and they said the same thing. This is for the white swan m10's. Not sure if this is the same case as the black but I really like the white.

Anyone know of some other places/websites that sell these?

I'm really only looking at these but if you have a suggestion feel free to make it, I want a 2.1 only. Not 2.0 or 5.1/7.1... My max is $150.

Thanks!

2. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

For what it's worth, mine didn't last long. I've had them a year or two, and used them very lightly. They hum like crazy when I turn them on. I didn't think they sounded very good to begin with. I just boxd them up and replaced it with the Dell Soundbar that attaches to my Dell monitor.

3. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I really don't think this speaker is worth $149, IMHO.

4. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

5. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Thanks for providing some of those other options.

6. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

In the end that is my assessment as well. I was just being more polite about it. My $35 Dell Soundbar doesn't suck any worse, and takes up almost no room.

If I were serious about it, and wanted to spend serious money, I would get Dynaudio near field monitors.

7. imahawki, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  8. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

I've found a distributor that sells them for 117$ plus shipping, they look great but i can't find any youtube reviews on them. I've read that they sound really mellow, and by mellow sounding i mean if i had to compare mellow to a speaker i have heard, it would be Bose. Does anyone know if they sound like Bose speakers? because if so i will not be buying them. (you know what they say about bose, no highs, no lows, must be a bose).

9. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

The Swan M10s sound mellow? If that means they sound like there's a carpet thrown over them, then yes. Mine have failed anyway (they hum like crazy as soon as you turn them on).

10. TheDrizzle-0 macrumors member

Ive had mine for a couple of days and I like em. My only complaint was that the volume knob was scratched when I opened up but thats it. If youre a person that listen to music with alot of bass then these arent for you. Other than that I love em, different strokes for different folks I guess.