Swap 15" for 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marcelg, Jan 5, 2009.

1. marcelg macrumors newbie

Hi there!

I just switched to Mac a little over a month ago and because I needed a laptop asap, I settled for the new MBP 15". However, because I need the higher resolution of a 17", I am interested in swapping my 15" for the rumored 17" if there will be a new one launched this week.

I remember reading somewhere that there is an allowance made for those who bought laptops between the 31st October a particular date in January.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this a real possibility or was it just my imagination (where could I read the official confirmation of this possibility)?
    2. Any idea what date in January one had to have such a return processed by?
    3. Is there a fee attached to such a service?

Thank you all for your help!

M

2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Take from here.

Therefore, if you bought it after 24th December, this doesn't apply.

3. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

There is a restocking fee, i think its about 10% of the cost of them item, so a Macbook Pro 15" = $2000 / 10 = $200 Restocking Fee:)

Also you have 4 days (9th Jan)

5. marcelg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys!

This looks promising, as I bought mine at the beginning of December.

Do you know if this policy applies to items bought in the UK, as this is where I live and it is where I bought the MBP from.

Thank you again!

M

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You would think since these guys found it for you on the US site you could take the initiative to find it on the UK site.

But here you go

link

7. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I bought my MBP this weekend with the manager's approval that I can return it without a restocking fee should I decide to return/exchange given Macworld this week.

He said the normal policy is 2 weeks, unless they have a new product launch which replaces the product you bought--in which case your 2 weeks is extended by 2 weeks after the launch date of the replacement product if it's within your original 2 weeks. Make sense? ;)

8. marcelg thread starter macrumors newbie

9. minijon macrumors member

I just wish they had ????x1050 or even 1920x1200 panels as an option for the 15" MBP.

10. marcelg thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah - same here!

That is the main reason for my interest in a swap for a 17".

However, if it will not work out, spaces is my work-around the unacceptable resolution for a modern \ overpriced notebook.

M