Swap 3GS for Rattling, Gap Between SIM Tray and Body, Yellow Screen???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timberga, Jul 15, 2009.

1. timberga macrumors member

Jun 23, 2009
    So, just as the title states.....My < 1 wk old White 32 GB 3GS appears to have the following problems:

- Screen feels overly yellow compared to my 16 gb 3G (I'm really trying to accept the warmer color, but it just feels, too warm)
    - The ringer/vibrate switch rattles when its set to vibrate (I hear it when picking up the phone from my desk)

and finally....

- The SIM tray doesn't sit completely flush with the body/case of the phone
    - There is a small gap between the back of the phone case and the SIM tray that isn't present on the front portion. (worried about dust getting up in there, the 2 3G's I have sit completely flush and dont have any gaps between the tray and front/back of the case....hopefully that description makes sense)

So should I try and get a replacement? deal with it? I've read a lot of threads on issues with the first two points I made but very few...in fact 1 with the last issue I stated.

Thoughts guys? :apple:
  2. martinmartin macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2007
    my phone has all 3 'issues.' though im not sure if the rattle is coming from the ring/silent switch or possibly from the autofocus camera.

im not planning on swapping mine out for these types of issues...
  3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

Feb 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
    I would at least try, I prefer my apple stuff to be perfect out of the box...
  4. timberga thread starter macrumors member

Jun 23, 2009
    Doesn't the sim tray gap annoy you the most? There are definitely build quality issues with apple....mines a week 25 unit.
  5. martinmartin macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2007
    i would say the screen color bothers me the most. though i only really noticed it when i placed it side by side next to my old 3g - the colors just didnt look as good. plus the auto-brightness function doesnt seem to be as reliable as the 3g.

the sim thing doesnt bother me too much because i dont really hold the phone there...
  6. labman macrumors 604

Jun 9, 2009
    Mich near Detroit
    If it bothers you

1. make a Appointment with the Genius Bar
    2. Go to the Appointment
    3. Explain the issues
    4. the Genius will either replace it explain why!
    that's pretty much it! :D

if you don't want to drive that far call the online support see what they say!