Swap after 4 hours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chkenwing, Apr 14, 2010.

1. chkenwing macrumors regular

Got my 13" MBP today.

After getting home and opening it and using for less than 2 hours, I noticed a stuck pixel SMACK bang in the middle of the screen. With a few other not-so-noticeable stuck pixels around the screen.

Now what's Apple's policy for taking it back and literally doing a straight swap?

2. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry if I'm not allowed to bump but I'd like to know if this was possible?

Would they charge me a restocking fee?

3. fuzzylemurs macrumors member

I've seen posts in the past where Apple has been more than reasonable to meet their customer's needs, but the best thing to do is call them and ask! ;)

4. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Just gave them a call.

They seemed happy to help me exchange it, just they're out of stock.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I've gotten exchanges all the time from the Apple store by just asking nicely and they all had 1 stuck pixels.

I absolutely hate stuck pixels!! It sounds like you have more than 3 and in that case and most likely that you'll get an exchange.

6. shoppy macrumors 6502a

In the Uk, you have I think of the top of my head 14 days to return for whatever reason. There is no such thing as a restocking fee as long as it looks like it did when you brought it. The exact date is on your receipt.

Simon

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

rub it

search here on the forum, sometimes this sort of thing can go away with a little rub, and then an off / on.