Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ptdebate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
Dallas, Texas
So I was feeling curious and I needed a Leopard installation on my G5 in order to burn a leopard install disk (my G4's superdrive is a little janky), so I literally just swapped my G4's HDD into the G5. Everything works! Wireless, DVD, graphics...everything. Is this normal? Can I just leave it this way or should I do a wipe?

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I'm wondering what you did about the turning the IDE drive in your G4 into a SATA drive.

With that said, it's completely normal. In fact, my main Quicksilver is running off a clone of the Leopard install that was on my G5 when I bought it.

ptdebate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I'm wondering what you did about the turning the IDE drive in your G4 into a SATA drive.

With that said, it's completely normal. In fact, my main Quicksilver is running off a clone of the Leopard install that was on my G5 when I bought it.

Actually, the drive in the G4 is a brand-new WD Black that was running on a PCI SATA card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.