Swap iPhone 3G 8GB For iPod Touch 4th Gen 8gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goftrey, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey guys, don't usually post there... I tend to hang around in the PowerPC section :cool:

But there's a shop in my local town called Cex, some of you have probably heard of it, they buy, sell and trade second hand games, electronics, dvd's & cd's.

Anyway, I can trade my 8gb iPhone 3G on O2 for £120 worth of Cex in-store vouchers, the iPod Touch 4th generation 8gb costs £130 from Cex.

So if I sold my iPhone I'd have to chip in £10, which to be honest isn't much to get the iPod. Is it worth getting? The iPhone's no longer supported and it's becoming a bit long in the tooth, but it's a phone and it still has full functionality.

Thanks guys for your help in advance :)

2. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

I presume you do not need phone functionality?
    The 4th gen touch is good, especially the screen and speed, but you might find 8gb a little lacking when it comes to games, video and music (which Im sure you'll be using it for).

I know CEX and their deals are not the best in the world.
    You could probably get more for the iphone on Ebay, and the 4th Gen ipod touch might be a touch cheaper.
    The good thing about CEX is that second user kit comes with a years garauntee.

3. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

The ipod touch will come with ios5 with lots of features.
    Are you using mobileme or anything like that?

4. lamboman macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say a 3G would get much on eBay. The Cex deal sounds okay to me, but I could be wrong.

I would look at buying on eBay, however. The iPod touch, I would snap up in a heartbeat.

5. Goftrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I actually bought the iPhone for £100 on eBay so I thought that £118 in exchange was a pretty good deal. The iPod's on eBay are going for roughly £125 and that's WITHOUT the 1 year warranty as Rowley pointed out.

I've decided to go with the iPod. The iPhone is too slow and out dated. Thanks for the help guys, see ya'! ;)