swap iphone 5 for iphone 5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomtanojevic, Jul 22, 2014.

1. tomtanojevic macrumors member

i was wondering im swapping my ipad mini for my sisters 16gb iphone 5 in a moth. would it be worth me swapping or selling the 5 to get a 5c?

:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

Depends on what carrier it's for I suppose I would say IMO it would be worth it if it's verizon model because you can use the 5c on verizon or at&t or tmobile and get lte on all.

3. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

The only reason to switch a 5 to a 5c would be for the extra LTE support that you know for sure you will get on the 5c. With the 5, it more complicated, as later production models (basically, the T-Mobile versions) added more LTE band support.

Also, whether you sell would depend on which carrier you intend to use, as not all phones can be activated on all networks.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Aside from what's been mentioned here about better LTE functionality, a marginal upgrade in CPU and battery and iOS 7 over iOS 6 the decision is really down to your personal preference.

Do you prefer plastic over metal?

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

No point at all unless it's to get LTE if you currently can't on your i5 (like we in the UK can't with an i5).
    The i5 is basically the same phone but in a premium casing.

6. tomtanojevic thread starter macrumors member

im in australia and my reception sucks and the i would prefer a 5c.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Reception sucks on my i5, but so too does my mate's 5S (same network). I can't see the 5C having any better. My old iPhone 4 had much better reception (more signal bars in the same areas).

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It seems like you have your mind made up already. Do the trade then.