swap lores for hires 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Neil McRae, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Neil McRae macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

folks
    just got a 15 inch mbp latest version with thunderbolt) - want to swap the screen for hi res one (long atory but cant exchange it at store) being told the logic board would need to be swapped - seems Questionable - it has the 1G graphics -anyone done it?

Neil

2. MKang25 macrumors regular

How long have you had it for. If its less than 2 weeks I dont see why you cant get it exchanged. If not then you can still get the screen swapped yourself by buying the parts but it will be very costly and a pain in the ass installation process.

Note when I say exchanged I mean return the whole laptop and buy it again. Apple does not do "exchanges" where you can swap a laptop. They refund you the one you bought and then charge you for a new one.

3. Neil McRae thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

sorry cant exchange- trust me on this :)

so does the logic board need swapping?

4. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

How was it "acquired?"