Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmfilicetti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Bergen County, NJ
Hey everyone. First time poster. I bought an iPhone 6 on launch day and am having regret and want an iPhone 6 Plus instead but i'm past my 14 day return window. AT&T is annoying as expected but I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus from them directly and had to choose that it come with a new number. I am going to sell my iPhone 6 to my nephew and keep the iPhone 6 Plus for me. My question is, can I just put the SIM card from iPhone 6 into the iPhone 6 Plus and call it a day? Will it work and be activated or do I need to something else? Also do I first need to activate it with the SIM that comes with it (the one with the new number) or just swap out the SIM before I ever activate it? Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

albertsw

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Hey everyone. First time poster. I bought an iPhone 6 on launch day and am having regret and want an iPhone 6 Plus instead but i'm past my 14 day return window. AT&T is annoying as expected but I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus from them directly and had to choose that it come with a new number. I am going to sell my iPhone 6 to my nephew and keep the iPhone 6 Plus for me. My question is, can I just put the SIM card from iPhone 6 into the iPhone 6 Plus and call it a day? Will it work and be activated or do I need to something else? Also do I first need to activate it with the SIM that comes with it (the one with the new number) or just swap out the SIM before I ever activate it? Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

As long as your both on the same carrier it will be fine. It should be as simple as switching the SIMs

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Yea, i've been switching SIM's for years and it has never changed anything on the ATT side of things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.