Swap SIM Cards??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Craig311, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Craig311 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I have 2 lines on my ATT account - one is my wife's and one is mine. Her line is due for an upgrade but mine is not. Since she has no interest in upgrading to iPhone 4, I would like to upgrade her line and then switch phones.

However, simply swapping the SIM cards looks like it might be more difficult than I thought (since we will now have 2 different size cards).

I've read a couple of articles that suggest you can add a outer "shell" to the new SIM card and then trim down the old one so that they fit. Is that really the only/best option?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Not a problem at all. This sort of stuff is done all the time. As a matter of fact, AT&T's website, and/or their Facebook page has information on it. All you really have to do is contact AT&T before you activate the phone, or if you have time, stop in at a corporate store and they can handle it there. They just make some changes in the computer regarding the IMEI before the activation.

3. RoadMonkey macrumors newbie

Just ask AT&T for a new SIM card, they are free. I do this all the time when a family member buys a new phone or something of the like. Very simple.