Swap sim or just power on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArtificialGrape, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ArtificialGrape macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Title pretty much says it all. Is there a point/need/benefit to moving my sim from my 4 to the 4S, or should I just power on the 4S and let it deactivate the sim in my 4?

My daughter will move her Palm sim to the older 4.

Thanks!

2. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Just power on and go. Your carrier is already expecting you to activate that new sim you were given.

3. protobiont macrumors 6502a

But would it hurt anything to swap the sim?

4. am17 macrumors member

Wondering this also. I used a family member's line for the upgrade, hoping I can just pop my iP4 SIM in the 4S.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Your daughter will likely need a new SIM as I don't believe that any Palm device uses a microsim like the iPhone 4.

6. spiffy05 macrumors member

Keep in mind that you can just cut the old SIM instead of purchasing/obtaining a new SIM. I'm not sure, but it might avoid getting charged any sort of 'activation fee'.

7. ArtificialGrape thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for the quick replies. I'll have to make sure my daughter's contacts are backed up, and try cutting the sim. Worst case I have to fight the throngs at the AT&T store to get a new micro sim.

Thanks again.