Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMUMacfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2023
I just bought a MacMini to replace an older iMac. I also bought a Satechi hub/SSD enclosure and a 2 TB SSD. The Satechi hub is DOA-hub works but SSD slot doesn’t. I know the SSD works fine as I have another enclosure & the drive works.

My question is stupid. I am waiting on a replacement Satechi hub/SSD enclosure. If I format the SSD I have in my other enclosure and then move the drive to my new Satechi hub/SSD enclosure when it arrives, will the SSD drive be plug & play or will I need to do anything for the data on the drive to be recognizable?

Basically, I want to get started moving things to the Mac mini & SSD but I don’t want to repeat the work when the new drive enclosure arrives.

untfan

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2023
I just bought a MacMini to replace an older iMac. I also bought a Satechi hub/SSD enclosure and a 2 TB SSD. The Satechi hub is DOA-hub works but SSD slot doesn’t. I know the SSD works fine as I have another enclosure & the drive works.

My question is stupid. I am waiting on a replacement Satechi hub/SSD enclosure. If I format the SSD I have in my other enclosure and then move the drive to my new Satechi hub/SSD enclosure when it arrives, will the SSD drive be plug & play or will I need to do anything for the data on the drive to be recognizable?

Basically, I want to get started moving things to the Mac mini & SSD but I don’t want to repeat the work when the new drive enclosure arrives.
Is your SSD a m2 SATA drive or is it NVMe? The Saitechi only supports m2 SATA. The Trebleet hub supports NVMe but is 3x the cost.

SMUMacfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2023
Thanks, guys. I bought what I thought Amazon said under “Frequently Bought Together”. My mistake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.