Swaping Hard Drives

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tylerdurden9, Mar 11, 2009.

1. tylerdurden9 macrumors member

So Apple have agreed to send me out a replacement M.B.P mainly due to Mactivates (Apple Authorised Service Provider) un-godly lack of customer care and satisfaction. Irish Apple owners beware. STAY AWAY FROM MACTIVATE! In the apple technical supervisors words "Im going to crucify Mactivate" :p

A long story short I brought my M.B.P to them with a logic board problem and got it back after 2 weeks and now it does not even boot up, and gets so hot that the rubber on the display hinge began to warp! Oops!!!!

Apple were very nice on the phone and decided I deserve a replacement so Im happy. I have the 2.4ghz base model and the technician informed me of the recent speed bump. However I thought this only applied to the 2.53ghz model. Did the 2.4 get a bump aswell?

In order to keep my data on my M.B.P they are sending out my new one first so i can swap the hard drives. Do you feel this is wise? Is there any settings I will have to change as Im swaping my Hard drive over?
    Would it be safer to just back up my current hard drive and move the data over to the new one when i get it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :D

2. recon731 macrumors newbie

There is nothing wrong with swapping your hard drive. EDIT: Meaning you can just put it in the new one and everything should work fine.

Disclaimer: Always have a backup, you never know when, where or how something might happen to your hd. Having a backup cures cancer.