Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Storm917

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Has anyone ever used this site? If so is it legit? I've found what seem to be some pretty good deals on there like iPhone 5's for about $250. Wondering if it'd be worth buying from there.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Has anyone ever used this site? If so is it legit? I've found what seem to be some pretty good deals on there like iPhone 5's for about $250. Wondering if it'd be worth buying from there.

Haven't used it myself, but I do know they use your Google Account, OpenID or Facebook connect for login purposes and to ostensibly prevent fake users and potential fraud. Take that information at face-value. No pun intended.

I don't know why it wouldn't be legit, but I'd say Caveat Emptor.

Storm917

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Haven't used it myself, but I do know they use your Google Account, OpenID or Facebook connect for login purposes and to ostensibly prevent fake users and potential fraud. Take that information at face-value. No pun intended.

I don't know why it wouldn't be legit, but I'd say Caveat Emptor.

That's good info to have I haven't even signed up so if I had I probably would have noticed that. So far seems pretty legit, all sellers posted must be accepted by the Swappa admins too. I've seen some people who have had some of their items put "on hold" because a few of their other items hadn't sold yet or were deemed "suspicious".

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

I looked. The low prices one are pretty beat up and locked. Most low priced phones don't show it working with a carrier.

You will probably have better luck with Craigslist, testing yourself before going to bank / ATM.

Storm917

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I looked. The low prices one are pretty beat up and locked. Most low priced phones don't show it working with a carrier.

You will probably have better luck with Craigslist, testing yourself before going to bank / ATM.

Well I wasn't going to get an unlocked one. A clean ESN is a requirement for it to be posted on the site so I was just going to get one that's already on my carrier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.