Swapped iPad 3 from AT&T to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPadPublisher, Aug 22, 2012.

1. iPadPublisher macrumors 6502

With no LTE coverage in Seattle and Portland, barely any in Las Vegas, and sketchy coverage in Denver metro, I've finally decided to ditch my AT&T iPad and switch to Verizon, who has blanketed all four of those markets, and their suburbs with solid LTE signal. I've had AT&T iPad since day one.

I'm bummed to lose the unlimited plan, but I'd been keeping track the past few months. Only once did I exceed 2GB in a single month. Normally I sit around 1.2-1.4GB of monthly use.

I'm only two days in, but so far loving the speeds. Seattle coverage and speeds have been great. I'll be in Las Vegas next week for a real test. Even 3G coverage on the Strip sucked with AT&T so I'm really hoping to see improvement there. the company I work for is HQ'd there and I'm in Vegas 6-7 times a year.

I know others have probably said it before, but this could cause me to rethink AT&T for voice come iPhone 5 time.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I hope you sold your unlimited plan. They are going for quite a bit on eBay.

3. iPadPublisher thread starter macrumors 6502

Hadn't thought of that, but I still have the SIM, and haven't cancelled the plan. Hmm.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With LTE, would you use more data doing the same tasks? So if you don't get to 2GB now on wonky LTE and 3G, would you exceed it on true LTE?

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah dude they go for $700 or more at times. the only true unlimited data on att! do it, before the 30 days are up.

6. iPadPublisher thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't cancelled it yet so it'll keep auto-renewing itself until I do... But yeah. Just saw one for $450 on eBay. So going to do this.

7. iPadPublisher thread starter macrumors 6502

At your suggestion, I've decided to list this on eBay.

Posted a new thread so everyone can take a look. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1427966

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Excellent. You'll probably end up getting all the money you've spent on data the past year and then some!

9. iPadPublisher thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to update this thread now that I've had the Verizon iPad for a few weeks. I absolutely love the speeds I'm getting. It's been consistent at 19-22mbps down and 8-12mbps up.

Traveling tomorrow and hoping to get a feel for a few other areas.

The better data speeds has inspired my exodus from AT&T for the phones as well. We have three iPhones on our account, just preordered with Verizon. Gonna get nailed with early termination fee with AT&T but in the end I think we'll be happier.

If you live in an area that AT&T doesn't service with LTE but Verizon does, you may want to seriously consider the move. Waiting for AT&T is like watching a boiling pot (that you forgot to turn on)!

----------

I got $550 for it!

10. Dkorda macrumors 6502

They'll have LTE across major markets over the next 90 days. Might have been worth the wait. It's about the only thing unlimited left with those AT&T bloodsuckers.