Swapped out phone on 8.0.2, should I stay until 8.2?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MaskedCarrot, Dec 31, 2014.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

So my IP6's screen died last night. Went to the Apple store this morning and got it swapped out for a new one. I was hoping the replacement would come with 8.1.1 because I've had a few issues with .2. But it came with 8.0.2.

So I'm thinking of staying with it until 8.2 comes out to avoid any of the issues I was having with 8.1.2. Although I love using ApplePay, I don't use it that much and wouldn't be a problem holding off using it until 8.2 comes out.

But other than ApplePay, what other bug fixes did 8.1.1(2) have that would warrant not staying with 8.0.2? Frankly I don't remember, and didn't really have any issues with my IP6 until 8.1.2 came out.

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm not experiencing any issue with iOS 8.1.2 so I'd suggest the installation of it.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just look at the bug thread and see of yourself. I see some complaints whether they're enough to justify waiting, that's up to you. I guess you'll then face the same dilemma when 8.2 hits the streets.

4. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to stay with 8.0.2 for now and wait for 8.2 or even 8.1.3 to see if it corrects the mess that 8.1.2 caused for some of us.

My battery life got worse with 8.1.2 and had other issues with various crashes. So although my phone was swapped out for a dead screen, I just don't want to take the chance of going back to 8.1.2 and risk getting the same issues again.

It's nice to be back to my 3 days of battery life for now.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Three days out of an iPhone 6 ? You are not using it :D

6. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Hey my phone 6+ screen also died in the 30th. I had to replace my iPhone but at least they gave me a new one. Coincidence

7. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, ya that it weird.

When I took it in they originally were trying to just replace the screen, but that didn't fix it so they just replaced the whole phone.

@ Max

Ya I am a low to moderate user. I don't use it much when I'm at work. I mainly use my phone for texting, Facebook, reading news, and some Netflix while I eat my lunch at work. So I'm not a power user.

But even with that, I was able to get around 3 days of battery life with around 6+ hours usage. But I sure don't get that with 8.1.2. But the phone just acts funky on .2. Hard to explain. But nevertheless, I would prefer to have the latest OS on my phone, but I just don't want to risk going back to the uncertainty of .2 again.

Life would be so much easier if Apple would let us downgrade the OS if we wanted to.