Swapping 38 for 42, outside of return

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nhlducks35, Jul 29, 2015.

1. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

My dad bought me a Apple Watch about a month ago and I've been using it for the past month. Do you think it would be possible to swap the watch out for a 42 and pay the difference?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can try, and if not, you can just sell the 38 mm to recoup the cost when purchasing a 42 mm.

3. PrincessKick macrumors newbie

PrincessKick

I had to sell my 38mm to get my 42mm as I was well outside the return period. Lost a little money but I'm so much happier with the 42mm that it was worth it.

4. Zlewisss macrumors newbie

Mind me asking how much they take back on a 38 mm?

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are doing a return, I'm sure they'll give you a full refund. But if selling then that depends on the condition of the device and how much the buyer is willing to pay for.

6. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Plenty of people have been getting returns (technically, they are exceptions made on a per-case basis) well outside of the turn period at the Apple Retail Store. I got my Sport exchanged for a SS three months after I purchased it. It's worth a shot, just be really nice and don't go in expecting anything.

7. Zlewisss macrumors newbie

Darn went to my local Apple store today and he told me he couldn't do anything because I've had it for a two months. He also recommend that I sell it to a friend and come back and purchase the 42.:apple: