Swapping a 4S and 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fleetadmiral, Sep 21, 2012.

1. fleetadmiral macrumors newbie

So my wife has an upgrade due with Verizon. What I would like to do is buy an iPhone 5 at the discounted price (thru VZW online) with her upgrade, then when the phone arrives I assume it will self activate when you turn it on. In the end I'd like to swap my 4S with her new 5 and vice-versa. Any tips on how to do this without going to a Verizon store? I assume I'll have to bite the bullet and just go but just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Thanks.

2. swissglide macrumors member

Buy a 5 for her line, DO NOT POWER IT ON (it will activate once powered on), call 611 from another phone and ask the staff to swap the lines, then power on. That's the theoretical approach that most people are suggesting on these forums. I have not seen any evidence as to whether it actually worked for somebody, but here's the thread on the issue.

3. CC424 macrumors regular

I'm with AT&T and went to the store today and did exactly what you are describing. Representative did it without any problems.

Wife has 4s and I have the 5 with her upgrade!