Swapping Glossy for Anti-Glare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samcolson4, Nov 30, 2011.

1. samcolson4 macrumors member

Do you think if I took my Mac into the Apple store and requested that they changed my screen for an AG (I'd cover the cost, obviously) that they could do it for me?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why don't you just call and ask them directly? How would that not have answered your question decisively?

3. foxyfabio macrumors member

You would have to get a new Machine entirely.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Apple Store? NO

Apple Authorized Service Center? MAYBE

5. JT123 macrumors member

My understanding is that Apple won't just replace the screen because you feel like it. Of course if it is within the first 14 days you could just get a refund and order one with AG.

Even if you broke the screen, wouldn't Apple just replace it with glossy- I really don't know, as the guy said before call the Apple store, or go to a Apple Authorised Service Centre- they might do it for you (the replacement).

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

7. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

No, but these folks will: http://www.techrestore.com/mac/mbp-unibody-repair.shtml

8. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

You can also try the $35 Power Support anti-glare film. It's not the cheapest but it doesn't introduce artifacts or color shifts like some other films such as Radtech. I use it on an iPad and 13" MBP. When I compare the 13" to my 15" MBP with a matte display they are comparable in appearance.