Swapping Glossy for Anti-Glare


macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Do you think if I took my Mac into the Apple store and requested that they changed my screen for an AG (I'd cover the cost, obviously) that they could do it for me?


macrumors member
Sep 18, 2011
My understanding is that Apple won't just replace the screen because you feel like it. Of course if it is within the first 14 days you could just get a refund and order one with AG.

Even if you broke the screen, wouldn't Apple just replace it with glossy- I really don't know, as the guy said before call the Apple store, or go to a Apple Authorised Service Centre- they might do it for you (the replacement).


macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
You can also try the $35 Power Support anti-glare film. It's not the cheapest but it doesn't introduce artifacts or color shifts like some other films such as Radtech. I use it on an iPad and 13" MBP. When I compare the 13" to my 15" MBP with a matte display they are comparable in appearance.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.