Swapping iphone 3gs for non smartphone same plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris7777, May 18, 2012.

1. chris7777 macrumors 6502

So My mom is thinking about getting rid of her iphone and switching to a duncephone.

I am on her plan, and eligible to upgrade.

Can I just get the phone she wants, and then swap sims and take over her iphone?

The real question is, she is grandfathered in to the $15 a month data plan, I don't want to pay any more than that, should I be able keep that rate, or will att try and shackle me with the $20 plan?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah as long as you're in the account they should be able to transfer data plans/features.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Who is your carrier? I know for a fact AT&T will not transfer data plans or features to other lines, even if they are on the same account.

4. chris7777 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh its at&t.

Right now I am thinking we will just swap sim cards if we do it.

its under the rents plan. they originally screwed up and had the iphone listed as my sisters. I think its still a bit off. But If I cant get the grandfathered rate then I will just skip it, I'm not paying those bloodsucking parasites another penny. I dont mind if i can get it at the old rate, but im not paying more because thye think they deserve it.

5. BellaJo910 macrumors newbie

BellaJo910

At&t Iphone/Not on a cell plan. Can it be made sprint?

Im trying to sell it, and its 16gb how do i find out? Anyone?:confused:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot use an AT&T iPhone on sprint.
    And to the original topic you cannot transfer a plan that's no longer available to another line. You either keep it or lose it but stays with that phone number.

7. chris7777 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess att doesn't want my money then.
    I just hope these rumors of apple entering the market as a service provider prove valid, I would love to see them pop those ticks at at@t & verizon.