Swapping iPhones - Refurbed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pellets007, Feb 19, 2009.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I bought a new $200 8GB iPhone back when it was originally released. Since then, I've been having battery issues, and software issues. If I was to trade it in for a "new" iPhone, would the "new" iPhone that I am receiving have any physical flaws (scratches?) I'm OCD about having technical devices without flaws. Do they replace the outer case?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I just got my white 16GB iPhone replace in Grand Rapids, MI last week and all "white box" iPhones (phones that come out of a unmarked white box) are all refurbished. Everything on the outside is new, so it will not have any scratches on it or anything. The batteries are also new. The inside components may or may not have been used before, so some of them could have been used, some of them could be used... I guess whatever they replaced is new...

Sadly, I replaced one problem for another. My phone had some cracks in the case, it had dust under the screen and when you shook it, it made a very loud rattle noise. The genius was surprised and replaced it... But I have a case on mine and didn't realize that the phone has some light leaking from the left side of the glass... and I live 2-3 hours away, so I can't really go back easily...

But yeah, when you go in they'll give you a refurb. Looks new, battery is new.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The refurbs are in excellent condition, no need to worry.

4. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Yes, a buddy of mine received a refurb from the Apple store and it was in perfect shape.. Like other said the outside pieces are new

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

You can check the date of manufacture via the serial number.
    Shuold be pretty much as new for you.