Swapping my 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcphillips12, Dec 5, 2013.

1. tcphillips12 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I just ordered my 32GB space grey iPhone 5s from VerizonWireless.com and was see that people tend to be posting about dead pixel(s) and/or dents along the edges of the device. I also know that Apple retail is pretty helpful about fixing/swapping out the defected devices. My question is, if I purchased my device off of Verizon, and I find a defect, can I swap them out at Apple or do I need to go through Verizon? (I ask because I live roughly 0.2 miles away from an Apple store). Also, in the [likely] case that my device is flawless, can I walk into the Apple store & get the AppleCare plan?

Sorry if these questions are redundant. I couldn't find any info on the forums.

Thanks. :apple:

2. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

You should have no issues at all. But if you do, you can for sure go to the Apple Store. Much easier than dealing with the carriers.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Yes and yes. If there are issues, Apple will take care of you. If there are no issues, I believe you have a short time in which you can buy Applecare+. I was able to purchase it about 2 weeks after I bought my 5s.