Swapping My Iphone 3g for a different phone.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by travisjacques, Jun 20, 2009.

1. travisjacques macrumors member

Hey guys, as of late i am finding it hard to spend 30 dollars a month for data and 20 dollars a month for texting. I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a different phone? I do alot of texting, so it will have an unlimited text plan but that is like 5 dollars instead of 20 for other phones, the data is not a big deal to me. I would like to keep AT&T (the service is best around here) and i do not want another touch screen phone (doubt any could compare to iphone) any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

oh p.s. I have an ipod nano that i could use for my in car tunes so music playback isnt a concern either.

2. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I've been looking at getting a nokia e71 up here in Canada. I know they have it on AT&T though. The reviews are fantastic. You could obviously check out blackberrys to but those are also quite expensive from what I gather. Those are basically the major smartphones. I don't really want a touch screen either because after having my Touch everything else I think will seem quite crappy. The thing is up here (not sure if its the same for you) we need to purchase at least a $45 data and voice plan with any smartphone to get it subsidized or get gouged on the phone (read certain articles, we have some of the worst cell companies out of all the world in Canada) . This isn't plausible for me because I don't want data on a phone that has wifi. Without this plan blackberrys come to the $400+ range. The e71 can be had without data for $350 on a 2 year here (much cheaper for you guys im sure). So keep this all in mind. I have been researching recently and this is what I gathered. I highly suggest you watch a ton of youtube videos and read a ton of reviews to know what you're getting into.

PS. The nokia e72 (upgraded e71) is coming out q3 of this year if you can wait. 5mp camera, 600mhz processor and other upgrades.

3. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

AT&T's standard unlimited texting and MMS package is $20/month/indi and $30/month/family for all phones.