Swapping my iPhone for a Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Dave B, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Dave B macrumors member

Does anyone know what I will lose in functionality (if any) if I swap my iPhone for a Touch.

An not liking it as a phone and tend to just use it more as a device. It is jailbroken and I use it more for browsing email and have installed -

Pool
    iZoo
    TextEdit
    ToDoList
    RSS
    Finder
    Customise
    Installer
    Summerboard
    Services
    Chat
    Sketches
    iSolitare
    iPhysics
    Lights Off
    iSlots

Thanks,

Dave

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

There is not much you will loose besides the monthly contract and cell service. The biggest thing is that you are gonna have to be where there is WIFI to do any internet or email, where as with an iPhone you can do that anywhere over the EDGE network.

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

oohhh, il trade! (not really, i just want an iphone)

The bigest thing i want on an iphone that i dont have is a camera.... besides that, you can text with the mail app, the speakers arent worth talking about, and you have to be in wi-fi to get the internet....

4. djjoja macrumors member

i supose ull lose the phone, lol, and losin Edge wont let u use any gps functioning in ipod touch (excepting Navizon, which charges u if u want them to locate u through wifi). SMS u can get in ipod touch usin SkySMS, nd..u wont have bluetooth..and no buttons to control the volume except if u install some hack in it..

5. Dave B thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have Edge now as am on PAYG 02, so tend to only do stuff when in a wi-fi zone.

Dave

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty