Swapping out iPhone for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dylatron2000, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

So I bought a black 16gb iPhone 4 from Best Buy this may, and it has been my best purchase of the year. However lately (the past two weeks or so) the home button has been acting funny.

It has been unresponsive, at random isolated times. I will hit it once and it will do nothing, then hit it three times, then it will randomly take a screen shot. Hit it once and it opens the multitasking tray. Random button presses and different outcomes each time.

Its frustrating.

My question was, since I bought it from Best Buy and got their black tie protection plan on it, could I go in and swap it for a brand new phone? Or would it be a refurb model?

Honestly, I dont want to get a refurb model since I have had a bad experience with those in the past (scratched up, etc) but wouldn't mind getting a brand new device.

One last thing, if they do give me a new phone, would they be able to give me a white iP4 in replacement of the black one? 16gb like mine, so it would only be a cosmetic difference, but I love trying new things so it would be nice

Thanks in advance

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, they will not give you a different color.
    And yes you will receive a refurb from Bestbuy also.
    I'd bring it to Apple, their refurbs are top notch and it wont come scratched up or with any physical issues.
    You can inspect it well before you leave the Apple store.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Take it to the Apple store not bestbuy, Apple store replacment is much better than the crap they'll give you at bestbuy.

4. Dylatron2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

Thanks for the quick response guys, I will probably go to apple tomorrow now instead of best buy! They will help me out for sure since they are really nice at my store (Charlotte, NC)

I went in saturday and got a brand new bumper case because mine seemed "too dirty for how new it was"

Gotta love customer service :D

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Best Buy is only slightly better than a Phone Kiosk at the Mall!:p

If you got a Apple Store it is always you best bet!