Swapping SIM cards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogdt68, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ogdt68 macrumors newbie

So I went to the apple store with my unlocked iPhone and asked if a problem I had was an actual "problem". My home button is a little loose, and the guy started checking it, and since its not jailbroken he didnt notice any weird apps, but once he saw the t-mobile part he just gave me my phone back and didnt say anything. I didnt even want to get a new one, I just wanted to know if it was a problem so that I can keep my BlackBerry as backup just incase. Do you guys think that if my iPhone did brake, I could swap the SIM card with someone that has an ATT iPhone and just put it in mine while I am at the apple store?

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It might void the warranty. Plus it's "break" not "brake".

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Yes you can.

Why didn't you simply remove the sim card and bring it in? They don't question why you don't have the sim card inside.

4. ogdt68 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you serious?...they wouldn't question why I dont have my SIM card in there?

5. CrackerjacksM88 macrumors member

ogdt68, can you switch your SIM card now and see if you still get internet service on your Blackberry? I was told by an ATT rep that if you switch SIM cards, the older phone won't be able to get internet data but it is still able to make calls.

6. ogdt68 thread starter macrumors newbie

it will still work on the blackberry as long as you call tmobile and ask them to switch you back to the blackberry 19.99 plan. why would there be a reason why it wouldnt work?

7. CrackerjacksM88 macrumors member

Since I have a Blackjack II, the ATT rep told me that if I switched SIM cards (from iPhone to BJ) the internet would not work on the BJII since the data plans are different.

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

IDK if that's true or not, but talk to two different AT&T reps and get two different answers.

9. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Why would they care? Just feed them a simple story and they'll take it back.

10. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I concur. Just tell them you talked with a manager named (insert a name here) and he/she said they would take it back.