Swapping simcard from one iPhone into a second iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Armendegga, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Armendegga macrumors regular

Hey All,

I did try to search, but apparently the parameters I used suck... Here is what the question is.

I currently have a 3G iPhone. My wife is now wanting one as well. What I am planning on doing is waiting until the new Iphone is possibly released in the summer and buying that. What I would like to do is give her my old one, and I would have the new one... To achieve this, is the only thing I need to do is switch the sim card from my iPhone to hers? Would that move over my phone number and voicemail, etc?

We will both have legit plans through Rogers. She currently just has pay as you go through Telus, and will need to port her number over to Rogers when she gets my iPhone, that's why I figure I will have to do it at a Rogers store...

I was just curious that after she has the iPhone activated, if it will be as simple as swapping the sim cards between phones in which my phone number will transfer over to the new iPhone, and her phone number will transfer over to the old iPhone (Of course this will only make a difference if they release a new iPhone this year...)

Will this cause any problems if I do this?

Is there another process for doing what I want to do?

I am with Rogers in Canada if that makes any different. Thanks everyone

2. chevycamarolvr macrumors newbie

I'm wondering this same thing (but I'm on AT&T).... Anybody know??