Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hey

I got a 2013 Apple MacBook Air 11"/1,3/8GB which logic board was damaged due to wine splash on it.
Will it be possible if I would swap it out to a faster one? Does any one know if older or newer models are compatible with each other?

Appreciate the help please. Thanks.

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
Hey

I got a 2013 Apple MacBook Air 11"/1,3/8GB which logic board was damaged due to wine splash on it.
Will it be possible if I would swap it out to a faster one? Does any one know if older or newer models are compatible with each other?

Appreciate the help please. Thanks.

Early 2014 is definitely compatible because it's just a minor CPU bump from the Mid 2013.

Early 2015 should be compatible as well, but I am not 100% sure.'

---

Also, have you considered sending the laptop in for logic board repair (not replacement) ?

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Early 2014 is definitely compatible because it's just a minor CPU bump from the Mid 2013.

Early 2015 should be compatible as well, but I am not 100% sure.'

---

Also, have you considered sending the laptop in for logic board repair (not replacement) ?

Sending it to apple will cost me fore than its worth in total and probably even more than a logic board alone. Hence the working hours they would charge me. I looked at it myself and had someone look into it, not repairable without a logic board. So i would like to swap it out myself just need the info if it would work with the newer ones so I can decide which one to get.

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
Sending it to apple will cost me fore than its worth in total and probably even more than a logic board alone. Hence the working hours they would charge me. I looked at it myself and had someone look into it, not repairable without a logic board. So i would like to swap it out myself just need the info if it would work with the newer ones so I can decide which one to get.

I was talking about sending the laptop to a third party, not Apple, for logic board repair (not logic board replacement).

Reactions: moey2k2001

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
You are right.

I just looked on eBay and the logic board can be purchased for $245 which is cheaper than repairing the old logic board.
I didn't see that one. do u have a link for me? pretty please :)

Do you think the 2015 model can be fitted? where can i be able to find the info, so not to purchase the wrong one please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.