swapping watches with dad

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
so, he has a series 5 that i encouraged him to get for fall detection. I have a series 4, but I'm a triathlete and use of ALL.THE. TIME. When I went to buy the 5, he suggested we switch. So, in a nutshell, does anyone know if it's possible to swap our watches through verizon? both are cellular Thank you in advance

swandy

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
It must be possible. I know when I have to unpair my cellular series 4 it gives the option of removing the cellular service. But I would assume you have to contact Verizon because you now wish to have the accounts (I am assuming that you and your dad have separate Verizon accounts) swapped and each Watch is assigned a different "cellular" number (aside from the number associated with the iPhone the Watch is paired with).

Andrew83Ga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
yeah we have separate accounts. Im assuming it can be done...i mean people sell watches, etc., but I was wondering if I could do this with unpairing each watch and repairing but his 5 with my acct. and my 4 with his. If we have to go through verizon no biggie. Or i can just wait til the 6 comes out. Thanks for the reply!

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
yeah we have separate accounts. Im assuming it can be done...i mean people sell watches, etc., but I was wondering if I could do this with unpairing each watch and repairing but his 5 with my acct. and my 4 with his. If we have to go through verizon no biggie. Or i can just wait til the 6 comes out. Thanks for the reply!
You have to what outlines in this Apple article

..do it like you’re selling your watch to your dad and your dad selling his to you.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.