Swapping White MacBook for BlackBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by war eagle, Aug 6, 2008.

1. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Well, a few weeks ago my White MacBook was stolen during a home invasion. About a week or so later I went into the Apple store and picked up another mid level white Macbook. At the time I just didnt wanna spend the extra money getting the Black one.

Well, now I want it. Is there anyway I can swap this one out for a black one and pay the difference? It says on the receipt my return date is the 26th of July and thats a few day past as you guys may know, but what about swapping out? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can't do exchanges after the 14-days have past; and I'm sorry for your loss.

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

after those 14 days there is nothing you can really do
    unless the store made some type of exception

4. war eagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh ok. Thanks guys. I'll just keep a lookin for a first gen BlackBook that wont cost me more than 700.

5. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Don't mean to second guess your decision or needs, but why are you so set on a black one? The 2.2 you're using is pretty solid. I mean I know it's not black, but everything else is pretty much the same. Why not save the $700, or use it for more RAM, external monitor, external drive, vacation...

6. war eagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right. I dont know why i'm so obsessed with getting that damn thing all of a sudden. I've got this inCase on it but it looks more purplish than black gonna have to find another one lol.

Maybe school just needs to start back so I will be studying and partying so much that I wont even be worried about this or Tuesday needs to get here faster so I can start playin Madden lol.