Sweat possibly in lightning port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aditya_S, May 19, 2016.

1. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

I'm sorry if I seem way to anxious and too worried and I know this situation is stupid, but basically, I have an Otterbox case on my 6s and I opened the little flap to the Lightning port and my hand was sweaty. I usually wipe the sweat off the flap but this time it slipped off from my fingers grip and suddenly went almost to the closing position. I'm worried sweat could've flew into the port. I didn't have a flashlight so I couldn't see inside properly. I know sweat is salty which is highly corrosive, which is why I'm worried. If sweat did get in, what is the worst it could do?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like it'll be fine, as in the previous cases.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

4. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure as of now, nothing will be apparent, but I'm worried about later down the line.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Of it makes you feel any better I run and bike with my phone and there is never anything covering the Lightning port. I've been running for about six years and haven't had any issues with any device.

7. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

I'd question the value of a +$1000 device that couldn't handle a little sweat in the few ports it ships with.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I can't wait to see your thread when you get your first scratch :)

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The OP has started multiple threads from wood dust to a drop of water, now sweat in the Lightning Port, now this. She/he needs to relax. You already got your phone wrapped in an Otterbox, not much else you can do except to stop using it.

Yes, I know you said you have OCD but unless you can relax a bit you are going to ruin the whole experience in having a nice phone.

10. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Or is someone on the wind up starting these threads?

11. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

I already have one.

12. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

It'll be fine. My phones port is always exposed. Sweat, dust, dirt, pocket lint, etc. have all had no effect.

Only issue is sometimes I have to remove the pocket lint because it can block the connectors from making contact with the cable.