Sweaty Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Inspired, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Inspired macrumors regular

Inspired

Hi guys, So today there was a HUGE heat wave. I brought my MBP to class to take notes liek always. I left the MBP on my lap like always as well. So I took my notes and during break I noticed my thighs were incredibly sweaty, I was wondering if you guys think the MBP would suffer water damage from this? Would the vapors find its way into the internals? I would love to hear form you guys thanks.

-Inspired

2. celticpride678

You have to sweat pretty bad for that to happen.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Nah, you're good. Especially not if it had to travel upwards. No more damage than a humid day.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

5. Inspired thread starter macrumors regular

Inspired

I was...It's usually pretty nice and cool here in beautiful San Francisco, but today it reached about 100 degrees. So I guess my body wasn't used to it yet.

Good to know. I am always just so worried. Especially with Apple products I feel like they are much more delicate and I just dont want to hurt them. It would take me about 5mins to take the macbook out of it's sleeve and placing it gently on the table sometimes. I just need to keep in mind that MB's are like most other notebooks on the market, they should be able to handle tiny abuse.

Also I'd like to add, So far I haven't experienced any issues, so that's great news, but would anybody happen to know of a good way to wipe away the sweaty stickiness off my MBP? I thought about using water, but afraid it might drip inside. Thanks

-Inspired

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

There are NO gaps or vents in the bottom of the MBP due to the unibody design, so its pretty impossible for sweat to get in there !

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd just wet and thoroughly wring out a paper towel and wipe it. As long as it isn't dripping, you're fine. No need to be super ginger with it either, it was made out of a solid block of aluminum, so it's pretty tough. Just don't drop it or do anything that you wouldn't do to another notebook. I have had mine for over a year at college and it barely has a scratch.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Don't sweat it, dude [And I do mean that literally] :D

9. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Today wasn't so hot. It wasn't as hot as last week though. 100 degree is an overstatement because it wasn't 100% in SF today.

10. Inspired thread starter macrumors regular

Inspired

I suppose, it wasn't as humid as last week, but it was still incredibly hot in the classroom with no AC.

11. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

=( Less than 10% of the classes in my school have AC. But 100% of them have heaters, which is more important, since its New Zealand ;)

12. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

hahaha, sure shows what you think of your mac! :D

13. Inspired thread starter macrumors regular

Inspired

I love my mac more than my car.:D