Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weizilla

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
I'm about to buy a blackbook next week and I don't really want to put any plastic protection on it because i think it looks tacky.
However I usually get sweaty palms when using laptops (probably more since people say their macbooks get pretty hot and it's going to be getting warm soon) and I'm worried about long term damage to the plastic. I've heard that the white ones get stained yellow but will anything happen to the black one that can't be wiped off? My IBM T40 has survived 5 years of me typing on it and the case has held up really well (except for cheap stickers peeling off) so I want to know if i should be expecting a similar experience.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I'm about to buy a blackbook next week and I don't really want to put any plastic protection on it because i think it looks tacky.
However I usually get sweaty palms when using laptops (probably more since people say their macbooks get pretty hot and it's going to be getting warm soon) and I'm worried about long term damage to the plastic. I've heard that the white ones get stained yellow but will anything happen to the black one that can't be wiped off? My IBM T40 has survived 5 years of me typing on it and the case has held up really well (except for cheap stickers peeling off) so I want to know if i should be expecting a similar experience.

Wank less.

murc585

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
it'll be fine. Lots of my friends have the blackbook and they don;t seem to stain in anyway from sweat. One thing you might get is a lot of grease marks, the matte finish really attracts fingerprints and grease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.