Swedish keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aigo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. aigo macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have been lurking around here since November and finally made my mind up to buy the macbook pro 15'. I live in Spain and would like to buy the laptop with a Swedish keyboard.

Apple Spain can not supply me with a Swedish keyboard.
    Apple Sweden will gladly ship the laptop to me here in Spain but they won't let me configure it. Since I want to have the glossy screen and 250GB HD I can't order from Sweden either.

Would there be anyway I can order this laptop with a Swedish keyboard without going to Sweden?

Any input appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Did you ask if they'd reconsider if you paid by cheque, wire transfer or post giro (UK terms), or rather "check eller via elektronisk överföring eller bankgiro" (Swedish terms)?

I don't know, but Apple Store Norway will ship abroad only if payment are other than Credit Card: "Produkter som betales med kredittkort, kan ikke leveres til adresser utenfor Norge" (Norwegian terms).

Those slighly different terms across Europe are a pain... :(

3. macthille macrumors member

Hello, weird that they won't let you configure it..

I don't have any good ideas.. Do you think it's possible to order it and have it shipped to a family member or friend in Sweden (if you currently have any here) that you trust, and then get them to send it to you?
    I don't know if that will work... It's quite messy.
    I'm sure you've already thought about that.

:S

edit:
    Mitthrawnuruodo got a smarter solution if it works :p

4. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

try an apple authorized reseller in Spain, it shouldn't be a problem, my brother ordered a Macbook with U.S keyboard in France without any problems (just took longer to get it).

5. PDE macrumors 68020

And I had a friend who got the local apple store here in NYC to replace his brand new US keyboard with a Swedish one when he bought it. They had to order the part, but it was no problem at all. I'd suggest going to a service center and asking them to order the part.

6. aigo thread starter macrumors newbie

That sounds strange, but I will try it. Thanks.

Yes, it surely is frustrating when swedes can configure it but they won't let me do it just cause I live outside of Sweden:confused:

Well, you can always order the keyboard in English even here in Spain but its another thing with swedish keyboard unfortunately. I tried Apple here in Spain and they can't help me.

Thanks, thats one way I guess, but it would be kind of a hassle for me here in Spain since I don't talk that much Spanish. So frustrating not to be able to order this in a easier way, can't see what the problem is for Apple.

Anyone have a email address to some higher rank Apple person I could contact? Thanks

Hm, that didn't come out right:confused:
    I knew I shouldn't have tried that multi quote thing:)

7. Tweak3D macrumors regular

I had a very similar problem here in the US. I am a german student and therefore wanted a german keyboard for my mbp. I looked for months and couldn't find one. Finally I found an e-bay seller who had them and most other languages. He was really nice and provided quick shipping. now here is the catch, the first 2 keyboards had quircky problems with them and required being replaced. This seller did it w/ shipping for free. now I have a brand new working keyboard. if you want his info let me know and ill grab it for you.

-Justin

8. aigo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but I'm afraid I'm not brave enough for Ebay. I would like to buy from Apple directly. I could never have imagined that a company like Apple have this kind of a service? So frustrating, I want this macbook pro so much now after playing with it in the shop for hours, its so nice.

I wonder if there is anybody I could contact at Apple to get help with this?

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Do you know anyone who lives in Sweden who can get it for you?

10. aigo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but how would they ship it, with DHL?