Sweet Lunch boxes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moshiiii, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Yo,
    I spend a lot of my morning packing my lunch. I have a big awkward lunch box and I like well made items. I was wondering if any company makes cool lunch boxes, I like the single layer style. This sounds pretty funny for a request, but Ill never forget the day i stopped wearing jansports and updated to crumpler or chrome bags.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You use a....lunch box? What does that even mean? What does it look like? The only time I have ever used one was when I was younger than 9 years old, and I'm pretty sure it had some form of Ninja Turtle on it (but probably Michaelangelo).

But definitely get a Transformers one. They're cool again, and you could totally pull it off.

3. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I diet really tight and its hard / impossible to order something I would want at a non organic restaurant. So I gotta pack :cool:

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Don't understand your point.

Many folks use a lunch box.

For example, here is a classic lunch box.

5. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

If I had an awesome, 80's tin lunchbox, I would sooooo bring it to work every day. Maybe something with Fraggle Rock on it. I used to have one when I was a kid. Hmmmm.... ebay time!!

EDIT: Like this! I would sooo rock this to work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1984-Mu...oryZ1410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And that thermos. Amazing! I would definitely keep the thermos at home and use it for white russians. Mmmmm.

6. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

that one is classic!

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm going to scour eBay for cool lunchboxes thanks to you. ;)

If I could find a Thundercats or Transformers lunchbox.....but one that looked more "upscale" than the one you posted (relatively speaking.....I'm not expecting something made from leather with gold accents), then I may purchase just to bring it to uni. :)

EDIT: OH MY!!!

I didn't know that.

I just stuff mine into my backpack or other bag.

8. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Solid lunch box!

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Joke all you want, people. When you work in a school with a 22 minute lunch, and cafeteria food to choose from, you pack your lunch! Leftovers are great!

Here's some from LL Bean. My mother gave my son and I one each for Christmas last year.

Many people use the soft coolers you can get at Wal Mart. A Google search will give you the idea.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Check out your average blue collar place of work such as a construction site, manufacturing plant, etc. You will see plenty of lunch boxes like the one linked to above.

Here in Japan, a lunch box is like a Bento meal style setting. Last week we had some VIPs visiting, so I took them to a upscale department store. Saw some very expensive Japanese style lunch boxes. One was close to a $1,000! It was really nice, but not worth near that price to me.

One area that I am still amazed is the price of the upscale AI type rice cookers. You can easily pay upwards of $500 for one. The most expensive one that I've seen was almost $900 (depending on the yen rate).

11. shecky Guest

shecky

i think that the plain metal one is pretty cool too. like carrying your lunch in a Pina Zangaro case, only for 1/10th the price.

12. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But see, when you're a kid, the only thing that matters is what recognizable cartoon character is on the outside.

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

Heck, I don't work in a school and I pack my lunch. Probably more to do with having 3 kids and not wanting to spend $40 or $50 a week on food, or settling for crappy cheap fast food.

I have a nice lunchbox from Target, for which I unfortunately can't find a link, that holds a good amount of food, ice packs, water bottle, etc. It's fairly large, but that's fine for me.

Plus, I like to snack during the day, so I can keep cold snacks like yogurt easily available to me.

15. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yeah, but they make that up in the stickers they apply to the lunch boxes. That way when a certain character goes out of style, just apply a new decal. :p

B