Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Yo,
I spend a lot of my morning packing my lunch. I have a big awkward lunch box and I like well made items. I was wondering if any company makes cool lunch boxes, I like the single layer style. This sounds pretty funny for a request, but Ill never forget the day i stopped wearing jansports and updated to crumpler or chrome bags.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
You use a....lunch box? What does that even mean? What does it look like? The only time I have ever used one was when I was younger than 9 years old, and I'm pretty sure it had some form of Ninja Turtle on it (but probably Michaelangelo).

But definitely get a Transformers one. They're cool again, and you could totally pull it off.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
You use a....lunch box? What does that even mean? What does it look like? The only time I have ever used one was when I was younger than 9 years old, and I'm pretty sure it had some form of Ninja Turtle on it (but probably Michaelangelo).

But definitely get a Transformers one. They're cool again, and you could totally pull it off.

I diet really tight and its hard / impossible to order something I would want at a non organic restaurant. So I gotta pack :cool:

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
If I had an awesome, 80's tin lunchbox, I would sooooo bring it to work every day. Maybe something with Fraggle Rock on it. I used to have one when I was a kid. Hmmmm.... ebay time!!

EDIT: Like this! I would sooo rock this to work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1984-Mu...oryZ1410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And that thermos. Amazing! I would definitely keep the thermos at home and use it for white russians. Mmmmm.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm going to scour eBay for cool lunchboxes thanks to you. ;)

If I could find a Thundercats or Transformers lunchbox.....but one that looked more "upscale" than the one you posted (relatively speaking.....I'm not expecting something made from leather with gold accents), then I may purchase just to bring it to uni. :)

EDIT: OH MY!!!

Don't understand your point.

Many folks use a lunch box.

I didn't know that.

I just stuff mine into my backpack or other bag.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I'm going to scour eBay for cool lunchboxes thanks to you. ;)

If I could find a Thundercats or Transformers lunchbox.....but one that looked more "upscale" than the one you posted (relatively speaking.....I'm not expecting something made from leather with gold accents), then I may purchase just to bring it to uni. :)

EDIT: OH MY!!!

I didn't know that.

I just stuff mine into my backpack or other bag.

Solid lunch box!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
You use a....lunch box?
Don't understand your point.

Many folks use a lunch box.

For example, here is a classic lunch box.
I didn't know that.
Check out your average blue collar place of work such as a construction site, manufacturing plant, etc. You will see plenty of lunch boxes like the one linked to above.

Here in Japan, a lunch box is like a Bento meal style setting. Last week we had some VIPs visiting, so I took them to a upscale department store. Saw some very expensive Japanese style lunch boxes. One was close to a $1,000! It was really nice, but not worth near that price to me.

One area that I am still amazed is the price of the upscale AI type rice cookers. You can easily pay upwards of $500 for one. The most expensive one that I've seen was almost $900 (depending on the yen rate).

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Joke all you want, people. When you work in a school with a 22 minute lunch, and cafeteria food to choose from, you pack your lunch!
Heck, I don't work in a school and I pack my lunch. Probably more to do with having 3 kids and not wanting to spend $40 or $50 a week on food, or settling for crappy cheap fast food.

I have a nice lunchbox from Target, for which I unfortunately can't find a link, that holds a good amount of food, ice packs, water bottle, etc. It's fairly large, but that's fine for me.

Plus, I like to snack during the day, so I can keep cold snacks like yogurt easily available to me.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
But see, when you're a kid, the only thing that matters is what recognizable cartoon character is on the outside.

Yeah, but they make that up in the stickers they apply to the lunch boxes. That way when a certain character goes out of style, just apply a new decal. :p

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.