Sweet. Motu Ultralite mk1 works with Firewire 800

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by blueprint1983, Feb 3, 2011.

1. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

I was holding my breath *hoping* that my ORIGINAL Motu Ultralite mk1 would work with my new Macbook Pro i5 17"'s firewire 800 port with the 400 to 800 adapter and sure enough, it does.

Everything on the Motu website is for the mk3 version so I didn't know what the deal was, that and Motu's customer service line stays busy! :mad:

I was afraid I'd have to buy the Apogee Duet! Saved me $500!

In before the "cool story bro".
    :D

2. hopingalways macrumors newbie

Having issues with similar devices...!

I'm having troubles here and hoping you might be able to shed some light on the situation.

I have an original motu ultralite device (or rather, it is my fathers' and I am hoping to give it a go with my own computer), and purchased one of the current macbook pros in March; The low end 13".
    I tried hooking it up NOT with a 400 to 800 adapter like yourself, but rather with a firewire cable that is 400 to 800... with failed results. :(
    Upon installing the Audiodesk software and starting it up, a window appear on my screen stating that it could not locate the device.. which of course is turned on and plugged in, etc. :S

... Any advice? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but obviously it must be possible if you were able to do it. Help, pleeaase! Should I just try an adapter instead of the cable I have? Could it for some reason be as simple as that? Or are there other steps that you perhaps took and I did not as to make this connection work?

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3. hopingalways macrumors newbie

Here's a screen shot of what it says, incase this helps...

Attached Files:

4. blueprint1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm, that's tough, i have no way to try that connection.

5. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

You said you installed Audiodesk. But what about drivers for the interface?