Sweet...no icons for winterboard or cydia apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i11i1i, Oct 14, 2010.

1. i11i1i macrumors regular

Just limera1n'd my phone and all of the icons for the cydia apps (winterboard, bite sms, etc.) are just white blocks. I used pkg backup to restore and it did for the most part. But I have no icons. WTF

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You have to respring or reboot again. This fixed it for me.

3. i11i1i thread starter macrumors regular

Resprung/rebooted about 14 times...no dice. Kind of irritating...

4. i11i1i thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah, and BiteSMS decided not to come along...neither did my lockscreen themes...

This jailbreak is epic. Shoulda stuck with 4.0

5. CactusHawk macrumors regular

I had the same issue after using Pkg Backup. The icons just showed up normal after a while. Don't know what I did.

6. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Jailbreak was epic. I have JB about 7 iPhones and an iPad, no issues whatsoever. I just didn one 30 minutes ago for my nephew. Maybe user error?

7. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Yep, the icons just filled in after a while.

8. ryno2292 macrumors member

Mine did the same, after I rebooted, and opened Cydia all my icons were back. Not sure which one worked.

9. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Same here, I used AptBackup and all my icons where white. I resprung and they came back. Tested and all seem to work ok as well. :)

10. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I've seen this occasionally and a respring has always take care of it. As for missing apps and themes were they items installed through Cydia or SSH'ed over. If SSH'ed over PkgBackup would not restore those and it works on apps installed through Cydia. For example, for the Glasklart theme I have a personal theme with personal folder prefernces, etc. I had to re SSH it over, PkgBackup did not restore this as there was not a repo to download it from.

11. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I didn't use PkgBackup but the white icon issue happened to me when installing mobile terminal 472. It works fine but I didn't want it like that so I found the standard retina display icon and manually applied it through SSH.

This is the icon if this happens to anyone else. The uploaded file is named correctly but just in case it should be Icon@2x.png.

Attached Files: