SWF to iPod?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by majordude, May 20, 2008.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Is there a way to convert swf videos so they can be seen on my iPod?

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I researched the heck out of this a while back and couldn't find an answer. I got Snapz Pro X with the second MacHeist bundle and screen capture seems to work the best.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I second this suggestion - it's what I use to make my SWF files iPod-viewable.

4. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

There HAS to be a better way than that! That is 1:1 time and another generation away from prime. :(

5. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You have to understand that a SWF movie (like StrongBad email) isn't like a .mov file or even .flv. It has layers to it.

6. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

But there are XP based programs that can do the converting.

While we're at it, what will convert FLV to iPod? :confused: I have some of those movies as well.

7. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

iSquint will easily convert FLV files. Or you can download TubeTV for free. It gets videos from YouTube and automatically converts them and puts them in iTunes.

8. pavgater01 macrumors newbie

Upgraded SWF Converter Converts SWF to AVI, MPEG and WMV video

I am not sure whether you are using iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod video or nano, but you can try SWF to Go released by Aunsoft.
    Thi is special software exclusively for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune and other popular device users. And a wide range of profiles are available with this smart and considerate application. You can simply input the SWF you have and then choose a profile you need, and then output your desired iPod video. Just a few clicks to finish the conversion! Really easy to easy.

9. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

SWF To Go does not run on Macs, and the purpose of this thread is to find on that does.