swift code for US devleopers?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by nottooshabby, Aug 11, 2008.

1. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

I called my credit union to get their swift code and they just told me to use the routing number. I told them it asks for both and they said that's only for international wires. I'm in the US, so what do I need to give apple? Do I need to get a seperate "swift" code. THis is the last thing to submit and then I am finished with my first app...:)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just the routing number. The only reason they may want the swift code is if your app will be sold internationally, then Apple needs a way to send the money to you from the other country.

TEG

3. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

After you wait 3 weeks for your contracts to be approved...

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

And another 5+ days to have your App go into the store after being declared "Ready for Sale" (at least, that's how long my apps are taking, I seem to be in the minority though.)

5. nottooshabby thread starter macrumors 6502

argh. It's not taking not putting in a swift code....I tried putting in the routing number, that doesn't work either.

EDIT: I emailed apple and they are saying you have to bank with some national bank that uses the swift system. Credit unions do not...great... now I need a new bank.

6. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Go here: http://www.swift.com/bsl/freequery.do

Use the "Search by institution, country and city"

Look up your bank and see if it has a swift number.

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I work at a credit union. But in the major banks Swift code yours gave you. They will know to re-route it to you and your credit union because of the account number. My account (and I work at) Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union in Maryland, but my Swift code is tied to an M&T in New York.