Swift Playgrounds on iPad: How to add source files properly?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by GrindedDown, Sep 6, 2016.

1. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I have been attempting to add an existing swift playground as a source file to another playground on the ipad for the sake of working with classes and subclasses. I am attempting to do all of this natively on my ipad pro. I am running the latest public beta software.

I cannot get the main file to work properly with auxillary source files. For instance, when trying to declare a new variable of a class type (contained in file as an auxillary source) I end up getting the error 'use of unresolved identifier'.

Steps I have taken:

-Declared class and all members are public
    -Added the class playground as a file in a new playground.
    -Select 'Use' from the files menu for the class file

I managed to get source files working in a playground properly on my mac. I exported the working playground along with source files to my ipad. The source files will not work on the ipad, but they will on my mac. I am still having the issue of 'use of unresolved identifier' when attempting to create an instance of a class object.

What is it that I may doing improperly? Is this a bug maybe?

2. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now that the public release is out, I figured I would give it a shot again and I cannot seem to get this functionality to work. Has anyone been able to get this to work at all yet?