Swift towards cloud music storage and operators

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bidwalj, May 11, 2011.

1. bidwalj macrumors 65816

It seems obvious at some point apple will introduce some sort of cloud locker storage for music. With new apps and os refinements, it seems like data services are needed more then ever. Phone operators have done the opposite, moving to tiered and capped data. Can you imagine trying to stream all your music and videos with only 2gb data?

Im hoping apple can work some sort of deal with operators for cheap or unlimited data with the launch of their cloud music storage. With 4g around the corner, capacity to carry data shouldn't be an issue. Without this, honestly all the cloud stuff won't really matter if it will cost an arm and a leg.

2. jboy12 macrumors member

Only stream when you are in wifi

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

100% agree. Sadly, AT&T even extended their caps to landline DSL! I can't imagine how bad it would be if the AT&T and T-Mobile deal goes thru. FCC better step up...

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

If there is a choice people will do what fits into their lifestyle.

By choice I mean If Apple introduces a 32gb and maybe a 64gb iPhone 5 then people will have the choice to store that much music or video on their phones or store it in the cloud.

If apple for some reasons drops to 8gb and 16gb iPhone 5 then this kind of limits what you can put on the phone so it will force some people to use cloud storage which I know I would not like since I'm on a 2gb well 4gb plan with tethering.

I like to keep my music on my phone and don't mind syncing it with iTunes so I don't see me using the Cloud storage to much.