SwiftKey Keyboard for iPhone Gains New Emoji Insights Feature

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 18, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The popular SwiftKey keyboard for iPhone was today updated to add a fun new tracking feature, Emoji Insights. Emoji Insights gives users a look into their personal emoji usage habits, offering up data on top emoji used, signature emoji, and emoji state, as detailed below.
    Emoji Insights within SwiftKey are accessible to all users who use SwiftKey Cloud, the feature that allows user preferences and learned language data to be backed up and synced across several different devices. Emoji data can be accessed and shared with family and friends via social networks through the My Profile option in the SwiftKey app.

[​IMG]

SwiftKey has aimed to distinguish itself from other third-party keyboards through the inclusion of typing statistics and inside information on how the app works for each individual user. In April, the SwiftKey keyboard was updated with usage statistics, letting users get a look at words typed, distance Flow-ed, words predicted, words corrected, and more.

Today's new emoji usage statistics come seven months after the SwiftKey keyboard was updated to include both emoji and predictive emoji suggestions.

SwiftKey Keyboard can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: SwiftKey Keyboard for iPhone Gains New Emoji Insights Feature

2. Mrjoedot macrumors regular

3. thmsup macrumors member

Actually I've never seen anyone use a third-party keyboard app.

4. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502a

I actually use this keyboard since it came out.
    Since I write mostly write in two different languages... also within one message or even sentence... any other keyboard constantly messed up autocorrect.
    This one here... however, lets you set two languages for ONE keyboard... eliminating the issue for me. Plus... it is black!

5. Akzel macrumors regular

I'd use 3rd party keyboards if they were more reliable… sometimes it lags when loading and in some places they just don't work at all. I know it's iOS fault, maybe in iOS 9 I'll give it a try again…

Also, kinda scary to have everything you type being communicated to some random server.

6. AngerDanger, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Just think of the business applications:

"The proprietor of this new account really likes the word 'apposite', so I thought we'd put Pauslon on it given her frequent use of that word."

That's… really all I have.

7. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Can anybody recommend a good one hand keyboard for the 6 plus?

8. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

I personally use NinType, and it's absolutely amazing. Or, at least it would be if Apple would fix this broken third-party keyboard implementation...

9. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

According to developers, iOS 9 doesn't seem to fair much better :/

10. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Agree with you on both points. Although I am very happy with swift key on android, I like the way it saved multiple email addresses, names, and learnt multiple medical jargon. However, their expedition into iOS has proved a failure, and very frustrating for this user, I have now deleted the app. I found that the keyboard would often fail load on multiple apps and on some occasions, even on the home screen search would fail. I found I would need to turn my phone on off several to reload it.

Secondly, I quite like the stock keyboard.

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

wish they would update their built in emoji layout to match the stock 8.4 order already (if possible)

12. HerQ macrumors newbie

I am sorry to report that iOS 9 still is a horrible mess regarding keyboards, possibly even worse than it was in iOS 8. I have had keyboards not loading at all and in the end decided to switch back to the stock keyboard.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes after a year still not fixed. I wonder if it ever will.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

one reason I went to a android. my typing is horrible and swiftkeys helped with word prediction. but having to kill mail and imessage several times a day just got old.

15. johnnyturbouk, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    dam it, was hoping that ios9 fixes the issues with 3rd party keyboards - just deleted swiftkey

16. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

you hover over other peoples iPhones on a daily base?

17. monty77 macrumors 6502a

Like many others I ditched all 3rd party keyboards a while ago, too unreliable, such a shame!

18. RobNYC macrumors 6502

I use this one too and am annoyed by the problems listed. It also seems everytime they update it the standard iOS keyboard keeps loading up first. I don't know if it's swiftkey or iOS that is the problem but they don't seem to work together well. When it's working it's great but it's annoying to have to keep setting it as the main keyboard almost every time you use it.

19. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Apparently my most used 'emoji' are ™ and ©...

[​IMG]
    Yeah, I don't know why either, but surely that makes me a fully-qualified copyright/trademark guru for purposes of all MacRumors legal discussion threads going forward.