Swiftkey problems

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ta0jin, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

So I downloaded swiftkey and put it at the top of the list of my keyboards but it pops up randomly on some messages and doesn't on others. I want it to be the default keyboard but it picks and chooses. Did I do it wrong or are others having that issue?

2. CardMeHD macrumors newbie

Definitely having the same issues. The keyboard seems to change itself whenever it feels like it.

I've read that you have to select a different keyboard per app/message the first time, even if you've put it at the top of your list (if that's the intended behavior I can't for the life of me figure out why). But even inside one app, it will change back to the stock keyboard sometimes when I come back to the app.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Just delete the default keyboard from the list. I won't use any of these 3rd party keyboards until they fix the bugs.

4. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

+1 lots of bugs in the third party keyboards so far but deleting the stock one definitely helps.

5. CardMeHD macrumors newbie

Tried this. Doesn't fix the issue. The default keyboard still pops up from time to time.

The problem is that even when you "delete" the stock keyboard from the keyboard list, it's still active, because it always comes up for secure text entry fields (passwords, lock screen replies, etc.).

6. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

My default one only pops up for passwords so I don't know why you're having problems.

7. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Just go into Settings/General/Keyboards and delete all of them and just leave the Swiftkey one.

----------

Yeah, I tried Swiftkey and Swipe, so far I like the look and the "swiping" of Swipe and sometimes I start writing and nothing gets written.

For me, I Apple decided to add the "swiping" function I wouldn't need any third party keyboards, I also won't be using them until they get an update.

8. tkwolf macrumors 6502

Assistive touch also doesn't seem to recognise these keyboards. When you bring the keyboard up, assistive touch doesn't go up to make way for you to type, and stays on top of the keyboard. Where as when using the stock keyboard, assistive touch automatically moves to get out of its way.

9. that be me macrumors 6502

Quick reply seems to always use the stock keyboard as well. At least it does from the lockscreen. Probably an ios8 thing.