Swimming (no workout) and AW2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by silvermx5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. silvermx5 macrumors member

Hi

Can one please explain, how should i do, If I wish to use AW2 for swimming but not on workout mode:

1 - should I block the screen (on the control center screen) before swimming, and rotate the crown at the end of swimming

OR

2 - should I use the AW (without blocking) and just rotate the crown in the end of swimming

Thanks

2. Julien, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Either or. The main advantage and disadvantage is that 'blocking' inactivates the touch screen. If you have Complications on your face they will tend to be 'touched' in water.

Just to add: Coincidentally water seems to love to 'touch' the Water Complication.:eek:

3. silvermx5 thread starter macrumors member

So the water droplet on the control center is just for blocking the screen and activate the the "expelling water" function after rorating the crown?

or in other words, the watch is "by default" water proof, and if you wish to expell the water» Control center, droplet + rotate crown?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It really does! But I think the screen is more 'sensitive' with watchOS 3. I've showered with my series 0 every day for 18 months. But for whatever reason, since updating to 3.0, my complications seem to be activated a lot easier by water. Its getting to the point that I lock my watch to prevent it.

6. cbronfman macrumors 6502

I agree about the Series 2 being more sensitive - but in answer to the question - Yes. Put the water droplet lock on even when you take a shower. It stops anything activating anything on the screen and prevents any water seeping in. and then use the digital crown to remove the lock and expel the water.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This is incorrect. No water can ingress and the :apple:Watch is exactly the same ATM5 water rating NO matter what. The ONLY point is to block and remove water from the armature (speaker) port quickly so it is not muffled sounding. Without this it may take 5 minutes or so to get full speaker volume back.