Swimming with AW S2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wba1990, Jul 7, 2017.

1. wba1990 macrumors member

wba1990

Just curious for those of you with the S2, how do you find swimming with the watch on?

Is it comfortable?
    Were you a bit unsure the first time entering the water with £400 device on your wrist?
    Do you clean it after use and if so how?
    How accurate is the swimming feature and does it still measure your HR whilst swimming.

2. SoN1NjA, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017

SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

1 You can't feel it? Don't know why it would be "uncomfortable"

2 Kinda, but not too much, my friends freaked out more than I did

3 I didn't clean it, but if it were a public pool I'd clean it in the sink maybe soap

4 I've heard it's somewhat accurate during swimming using Open Water Swim, should be enough for casual users; if you know the distance of your pool and use the Pool Swim workout, then it'll be great

---
    Read this statement by Apple on heart rate tracking

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I find it comfortable and I barely notice it on my wrist. And It's 50 meter water resistant, which is deemed for pool and ocean use by Apple.

Yes, I do rinse my Watch off with tap water when out of the water, to rinse off any contaminants. Apple recommends this also.

The swimming feature is surprisingly accurate I don't have extensive experience with the swimming feature, but the lap capabilities was fairly accurate based off my uses.

Here is additional information cited by Apple
    Regarding the Apple Watch and it's water resistance ratings/suggestions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000

4. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Man, I've been showering and swimming with my AW S0 for nearly two years!

5. sohanangal macrumors member

Just to be sure, I know the Apple Watch detects that you're swimming and turns the water lock on automatically. Is it better if we manually turn the water lock on from the control panel and then enter the swimming pool? Just trying to be safe here. Taking my Watch for a swim, for the first time. :p

6. bradbomb macrumors regular

Um, unless I start a Swimming workout or water lock it the control center, my Series 2 does not auto lock in water. Maybe that changes with WatchOS 4, but I havent been able to do a swim workout while I'm away for work